header image

.:Challenge 2:.

This is challenge two for the Student Blogging Challenge, activity 3.

.:Ohio:.

Cedar Point

One place I know I have visited us Ohio. Ohio, one of the states of the U.S.A is home of a major attraction- Cedar Point. Miss. Wyatt, you may not be a fan of roller coasters but this site is the place to be when it comes to Ohio. Cedar Point is an amusement park located in Sandusky, Ohio. Now that school is out here is North America the admission is cheeper and is now $53.90 per person which includes the ‘Fright Feast’ for the upcoming Halloween next month on October 31st – an all-you-can-eat meal served in the coral courtyard. This deal only valid on Saturdays and Sundays- this is the only time open because school is during the week. If you go here- the ultimate ride to go on is Top-thrill Dragster. ”Keep arms down, head back, and hold on!” are the last words you here before your sky rocketed into the sky! 420 feet in the air, reaching the speed of 120km. If you don’t wish to ride it- watch as others face their fear and go blasting up! It was once claimed the tallest and fastest ride in the world! Here is a link to a video of an experience on the ride.

.:British Columbia:.

British Columbia, one of the provinces of my home- Canada. It’s located on the west coast of Canada. I have never been there, but from my own knowledge and school it is a beautiful mountainous location with many lakes and trees. Some events that are occurring at the moment and soon to occur are:

~2011 Okanagan Erotic Art Show- September 21 to September 28.

~British Columbia Culture days- September 30, 2011 to October 2, 2011

~Secwepemc Museum & Heritage Park- all year round

Here is a link for the website: Hello BC- listings for other Historical and Heritage Places.

National Parks and Wildlife locations to visit: (visit link- national parks and wildlife locations for more listings)

~Alice Lake Provincial Park

~Cathedral Provincial Park

.:New York:.

Statue of Liberty

Next Stop, New York City. This hustle bustle city is where you find stores, busy traffic, and the Statue of Liberty. This is probably the most known symbol of New York. The Statue of Liberty stands on a small island in the middle of the New York City harbor. Designed by Sculptor Frederick Auguste Bertholdi, it was a gift of international friendship from the people of France in commemoration of the USA centennial anniversary in 1876. Reaching the height of 151 feet.

.:California:.

One of the most popular tourist attractions in the USA is Yosemite (pronounced Y0-SE-ME-TEA) National park located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains in California.

Yosemite Park

There are 9 waterfalls among the park, reaching over 1000 feet high, including the 2425 feet high Yosemite Falls. One of the most popular attractions in the Yosemite Park is the hot springs.  Yosemite park is about 1900 square km large.

.:Washington:.

Mount St. Helens

In Washington a popular tourist attraction is Mount St. Helens- a volcanic monument. But don’t worry it wont erupt any time soon, because the last time it erupted was in 1980 and volcanoes don’t erupt until a very long time after its finished. It is located in the Cascade Range, a segment of the Pacific Ring of Fire (area where there are lots of volcanoes). Mount St. Helens is available for helicopter tours at the near by tourism centres for additional charge, this is a great way to view the volcano for you can fly over it.

Miss Wyatt these are five of the many places you are going to visit with main attractions, some according to what you asked for- historical sites and provincial parks. I hope this is useful for you on your trip! Have fun!

~ by ~Simone~ on September 21, 2011 .

4 Responses to “.:Challenge 2:.”

1.   Miss W. Says:

Simone,
    These were a great range of choices for me to try. I have actually been to Mount St Helens the first time I visited USA, before it had that big eruption.

I have also been to Yosemite but I think Old Faithful is actually in Yellowstone National Park.

2.   ~Simone~ Says:

Hi Miss W, the resources on the internet told me it was in Yosemite park- I’m sorry! But I was for sure it was because my parents went there a long time ago, it could have been claimed to be in Yellow Stone Park(national park borders changed border lines). Yes, Mount St Helens is a very interesting place to vist. I would have suggested another attraction if I would of known you been there already.

3.   110gs Says:

Amazing post, Simone. I can’t believe how much detail you added. I like how you explained each place with so much detail. I’m also impressed that you keep up with your commenting.

4.   ~Simone~ Says:

Thank you Mr. Pepper

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Visit these – Sept 2011 Week 2 : Challenge Yourself to Blog
  2. .:110|GS:. - Honourable Mentions I