header image

.:These are My Favourite Things:.

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I’m feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don’t feel so bad.

This is the chorus to one of my favourite songs from one of my favourite movies “The Sound of Music”. The chorus says it all, we truly only need to remember our favourite things and we don’t feel as bad. It lets us think of all the best things to us in life when we are feeling down. In Maria’s (from sound of music) case its raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. For me its my family and friends, books, and music. Three things I can not live without in life, if I could it would be extremely unbearable.

.:Family and Friends:.

photoMy family and friends are always there when I myself am feeling sad. Both are good memories that warm my heart. I love to spend time with my friends, and hang with my family because its nice to feel loved and cherished by others. My friends all have different aspects and personalities that make up a relationship. When I have a good time with my friends its like nothing else in the world- you don’t feel neglected or sad. You have the time of your life. I don’t know what I would do without them. My family is like my extremely close friends that know deep and darkest secrets, that support me, and have faith in me. I experience allot of aspects in life with my family, and learn allot of new things.

.:Books:.
photo

My life is all about reading. Anything from textbooks to novels- I absolutely love reading. I am always found caught up in a book, I could never live a day without reading. I like to experience another world, let my mind really think, let my mind get rid of all problems in life for a moment, and let it explore. Books are far better than movies, you can imagine how the characters and scenes look rather than the movie make up your mind for you. Books are full of description and detail, a movie you never quite fully understand everything. You can read a book in a couple of days learning lots of interesting facts, plus its portable.

If you where to learn from an educational movie, you would be sitting there for at least 6 hours- who has time for that? Reading takes time, you read a little every day as you please. My ultimate favourite book is Harry Potter. I love Harry Potter because it such a different magical world, and its full of action and suspense that wants you to keep reading. Books are important to me, and when I cant find another series to read I reread them because I cant stand not reading. Life is just too boring without books.

.:Music:.

Could you imagine watching a T.V show with no opening theme song? No music to fill in the suspense of a movie? No music to belt your voice out to? No music to hum to when your bored? We need music, whether you know or not because with out it life would be boring. Extremely boring.

“Music is in my soul, I can hear it. Everyday, every night, it’s the one thing on my mind.” ~Camp Rock

photo
 I used to take piano lessons when I was younger for about three years. Then I relized why am I  going to make my parents pay someone to hear me play  to them when I already know how to play, and enjoy playing for pleasure not hard work? The obvious answer was I don’t know. So I quit lessons and started playing for myself, not having to worry about taking grade tests and such. I learned to appreciate music more, lessons ruined my joy for music after a while because I was being pushed to hard and was so stressed all the time. I listen to music every day, play piano when I feel the need. I love to listen to music all the time. I listen to it in the morning because it gets me motivated to go to school, while I do homework, and before I go to sleep I play Celine Dion so I feel tired and have a good sleep. Music lets you feel different moods; happy, sad, sorrowful, tired, and relaxed. I need music, you need music, we all need music. Which is why its one of my favourite things and I am thankful for it every day.

Student Challenge, Challenge 9

Image Sources:

Book post: ‘i heart harry potter’ by tinka t

Music post:  ’music is like coffee to my senses’ by alvin lamucho

Family post: ;from my family to yours’ by SavingMemories

~ by ~Simone~ on November 22, 2011 .

One Response to “.:These are My Favourite Things:.”

1.   gemma Says:

Hi again Simone,
    Your post on favourites is very informative. I love it. I also love music, as you probably saw on my blog. My favourite section in this post is probably the family and friends. Wait no, the Music. Wait no,the books. I can’t decide!

Gemma xx